Rising Phoenix Corps Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why I need hugs

2 posters

Go down

Why I need hugs Empty Why I need hugs

Post by Castor41 Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:12 pm

At first let me tell you that there is of course, like on most occasions, more than one answer to that.
My preferred simple answer is that it's human nature.
In all of us, well, maybe not ALL, but at least in most of us, i care to hope, slumbers an urge for connection with other human beings, you may call it affection or cuddl-wuddl-doo-da (or whatever you strange persons say). I find this because of first-hand experience mainly.
But also from hard scientific evidence. And my interest in human behavior in general. Is it genetically imposed? Is it learned, trained and educated? Is it simple emulation?
Its all of that of course. No matter how hard you try to explain your actions and decisions, there comes a point where you are confronted with that one step you can't say it's yours.
Imagine for instance this scenario. People stop wearing shoes and socks. Entirely. At first you notice this when seeing a group of young people, walking down the street. All with their naked feet right there on the pavement. The next day at work, one of your colleagues walks in barefoot. Well, course, he is that type.
But then, in the course of a few weeks, even your father takes off his shoes. Soon you are the only one in your office (or wherever you strange people work, if at all. Just imagine!) with his shoes on. People start looking at you. Little amused looks first. Then sometimes even "Look at that weirdo"-looks. Everyone tells you, without you even asking, how nice and free it feels, how much time and money you save on putting on and washing socks. Never to look again for that single ones little buddy. And the TV. Yes, there are the now desperate sounding sock commercials, but everywhere else... bare feet.
Tell me.
Tell me, when, at which point, where on that line will you start taking off your shoes. When are your socks only a nuisance, blocking your precious feet from the sun and air they so deserve?
(That of course only works if you come from a culture where shoes and socks are deemed useful. If you are a hippie like some Californians under us, well... Imagine!)
But you get my point, you are, I am, the sum of things we do not control. Get over it. Learn to fully understand and accept it.

Still.
That is too simple an answer. Surely there is a more personal and complex explanation to the fact that i need hugs.
Let me think. Hm. There might be something in my childhood (Aw, snap. T50 gave me Space Citadel, need the Balli-Weapon) but that would rather go in the opposite direction, why I, in fact, do not need hugs. And since I am a deep rooted honest guy and frankly I do not even know if it's even possible to fill 3 pages in this forum, I will have to disappoint myself and anyone who might read this now.
I could have done it. Would I only posses the sheer strength of will other, more admirable and brighter sparks of our species, care to call their own.

On the other hand, who gives a shit? Me? Idk.

Castor41

Back to top Go down

Why I need hugs Empty Re: Why I need hugs

Post by spadenarias Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:08 am

Psychology Student?

spadenarias
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum